Parent returning to work resume
Staying at home doesn’t mean you don’t have a chance at a career you love, or that you have to settle for less. It is a good idea to have a top notch resume to put you ahead in your new adventure in life.
CraftResume is a company that takes your resume and career as seriously as you do. They have professionals who have specialized knowledge transferable skills, various industries and career transitions. They know the ins and outs of resume writing and your profession to help you craft a resume that is as outstanding as you are
How it works?
Add your work history and any additional information or comments. Your resume writer will contact you to clarify details.
A 45-minute phone / Skype interview to help your writer determine your goals and get clarity around the questionnaire.
Receive your first draft in as soon as 1 day only.
You have 4 days after receiving the first draft to request any changes to it. During that time you are covered by 100% money back guarantee.
You are done!
Your stunning new resume or CV, etc is ready and delivered to you via email.
How to create a resume that shows that I am still employable?
A lot of people take time off to care for their families, and after several years away from the workforce it can often be hard to know where to start. Things that usually run through people’s minds are how will I explain my time off? How outdated are my skills? How will I create a resume that shows that I am still employable and able to work?
The truth is that people returning to work after several years often have talents they can use from previous job experiences that can help them create a resume that will be appealing to potential employers.
If you are a professional with experience
If your time out of the workforce has been short, re-entering the workforce will be easy!
How the process works:
- You and a Professional Resume Writer will work together to determine your career goals, and compile a list of skills and experience that will catch the attention of employers.
- Professional Resume Writers will work to educate you on the changes in resumes since you have left the workforce and the information that employers are now looking for now.
- The resume will be written in Chronological or Combinational formats, these formats are designed to show a steady work history and highlight your most prevalent accomplishments and skills first. You will also discuss any volunteer or community work to show your continued commitment to the community, which can be placed on the resume.
- Any education that you completed during your time off can be discussed and is a great advantage to your resume
First time entering the workforce
This process will be new to you, but it does not have to be menacing. Our Professional Resume Writers will explain to you how to use your resume and will work with you to determine your career goals and thoroughly review what skills you have and which skills you can apply on your resume or CV.
How the process works:
- You and your writer will discuss your skills, characteristics, passions and what you have accomplished which will make your resume stand out.
- Volunteer, freelance and community work will be used as your work experience. You will have to know the dates and any information related to these experiences for your resume writer to incorporate this information into your resume.
- Are you just shopping around for resume services right now? Consider taking on a new project to add to your resume. This will make your work current and shows that you are proactive!
- You will most likely be using a functional or combinational resume. Functional is best for people with very limited skills as it will focus on their skills and combinational will show a combination of your skills and any volunteer, freelance or community work you accomplished.
Re-entering the workforce does not have to be a daunting task
We all know that parenting young children is a job that requires skills that are easily applied in the workplace: organization, scheduling, taking initiative and conflict resolution! Re-entering the workforce does not have to be a daunting task.
Whether you have been a short time out of the professional world, or be aiming to get in for the first time, you have transferable skills that can be easily demonstrated on your resume or CV that can be applied to the workplace.